Thursday 12 June 2014

Handy Tips Handed Down: Oxford Blogger Event

Last Wednesday after work I met up with Steph from Lay It Bare and we headed to the Handy Tips Handed Down event at Crabtree & Evelyn. We had been invited to attend a special evening where bloggers could get involved with their campaign; we were asked to come as we had been there before for #OxMeet a couple of months earlier.

The staff at the Oxford branch of Crabtree & Evelyn are super friendly, so we didn't hesitate in accepting the invitation, especially as we knew that a few of the other girls would be attending as well.

When we arrived, there were snacks and drinks laid out for us, and we also had the chance to have our nails done, as well as special moisturising treatments. I chose to get my nails done as the range of polishes the brand sells is pretty impressive - they are all very pretty and bright!



There is a competition that is still running for the Handy Tips Handed Down campaign, although you'll probably want to know what it's actually about. Here is a blurb from the website that might help: "We all have that special beauty tip - an ingenious or time-saving idea handed down to us by our mother, best friend, sister or grandmother. Share your secret..." - if you do this you could win a Family Photography Experience.



Whilst at the event I shared my own tip (moisturising feet before bedtime and putting socks on for nice soft tootsies come morning). This meant that I got a discount voucher to spend in store! I decided to find a couple of nail polishes to buy, but I ended up settling on a gift set. A gift set for myself...


Here I am modelling the raspberry shade with the gift set. I currently have blueberry on my toes and I've also tested the clementine shade which is awesome and summery.



Pretty right? Just like everything in the store, so go and pop into your local branch and see if the staff are just as friendly as in Oxford. Thanks again to the team for hosting us, and thanks for a couple of little presents too - I'll definitely be using the peony nail polish for a French manicure effect :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy this post? Let me know! I love to hear from you so please leave me a comment.