Saturday 21 June 2014

Gearing Up For Sonisphere Festival...

Earlier this week I finally made my selection on the Metallica By Request website; I needed to vote ahead of Sonisphere festival to have an input into their set list on the day. You can view the results for Knebworth, England if you are interested in which songs came out top in the vote...

Doing this made me realise that the festival is actually taking place in a couple of weeks time - it's come around really quickly. Of course this then meant it was time to stop procrastinating and get on with buying all the appropriate gear for the festival.




A few months ago I wrote a post about a couple of things I wanted, although I was sort of ignoring the important things like tents, sleeping bags, etc. However I can report that I bought the Metallica 'Wherever I May Roam' t-shirt which I love and definitely have been wearing ahead of the festival. In fact, here's a picture of me wearing it on my recent trip to Toronto, Canada...


Fashion statements aside, I've been on the receiving end of a few Amazon parcels the last couple of days. We've now got two tents (one four-man tent and one two-man tent) so we can make our temporary home a bit more comfortable for the weekend. We also have sleeping mats, camping pillows, sleeping bags, fold out chairs... the lot, basically.

There are a few more things I need to get my hands on before the festival kicks off though, but some of these are kind of weather related. I have lovely bright pink wellies already, but I don't know whether it will be raining or not.

If it is sunny (I can't have too much optimism) I'd prefer to commit a complete fashion sin for a 25 year old and wear jelly shoes. Yes they may make me look like a seven year old but they can be easily washed which is essential when there is plenty of beer and dirt to make them grubby and sticky. [UPDATE: Mr. B has now ordered me a pair on eBay - I've gone with the smoky black glitter ones as seen below.]



I also desperately need some dry shampoo as I really hate having dirty hair, but I'm pretty sure I'm just going to embrace the festival spirit and avoid the showers. Therefore dry shampoo will be essential by the Sunday. A hat/head scarf would also be pretty handy to avoid exposing my dirty locks to the rest of the Sonisphere crowd.

We'll also need to get our hands on a couple of disposable barbecues and some snacks that we can keep in the tent. A couple of crates of beer also wouldn't go amiss...

Anyway, I'll be writing a full round-up of the festival when I've had time to recover, so be sure to head back here in a couple of weeks time! Let me know if you'll be at Sonisphere too!!

4 comments:

  1. Waaaaah I'm so jealous!!! I hope to see a long blog post post-Sonisphere filling me in on what I missed out on! I'm so excited for Leeds and will be starting the shopping process soon - Batiste is number one on my list! And YES TO THE JELLY SHOES!! Well done Mr. B!

    Steph xx
    Lay It Bare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jelly shoes were great but did give me sore feet after wearing them in a mosh pit! I have a bit of a numb toe now.. but still, I have now published my first blog post on Sonisphere and there a couple more to come. HAVE FUN at Leeds wooo! xx

      Delete
  2. Ooh lucky you festivals are so much fun look forward to a blog post to follow Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lucy! Thanks so much for your comment - I've published my first post on the festival now x

      Delete

Did you enjoy this post? Let me know! I love to hear from you so please leave me a comment.