Monday 24 March 2014

Lambs, Streams and Scones: A Walk Around Oxfordshire

Now that I've made the move down to Oxfordshire, I am keen to make the most of the beautiful towns and countryside. I was lucky enough to start exploring this weekend, and the weather definitely wasn't as bad as the forecast said it would be. Cue a nice spot of sunshine, despite the colder temperatures.

On Saturday my fiancé and I headed to the town of Witney (free parking in the town centre for 3 hours, what a luxury) before going to the village of Minster Lovell for a 3.5 mile walk. The highlights of the day were having a delicious scone in a cafe, as well as having to navigate over an interesting stream crossing during our walk.

The permanent structure must have been washed away in the recent floods, leaving only two very thin planks resting on a fallen tree - over a relatively deep stream. I almost chickened out, but I made it over in the end with a fair amount of adrenaline shakes. Despite the knee-knocking experience, it was a wonderful day. Oh, and there were some very sweet lambs in one of the fields we passed, which is a clear bonus.

Here are a few of my photographs from the day:

I love the colour of the stone in Oxfordshire and the Cotswolds

The church in Witney town centre

Spring blossom in Witney

A lamb making the most of the sunshine

A frisky lamb jumping around

Ah, like butter wouldn't melt!

One is bleating and the others are in pure relaxation mode

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pic of St Mary's church xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy - it was nice to see a bit of sunshine! X

      Delete

Did you enjoy this post? Let me know! I love to hear from you so please leave me a comment.