Monday 10 March 2014

Sheer Cover: My Week Using Mineral Makeup

A couple of weeks ago I was contacted by the PR company for Sheer Cover; they asked whether I would like to test the Sheer Cover Studio products, which is basically a set of mineral make-up. I agreed to do a review after trying the products for a full week - the idea was to see whether I would become a mineral make-up convert.


So, it only makes sense to have a look at my week! Here are seven photographs of me taken each day after application...

Day 1


Day 2


(make sure you watch my video from day 2!)


Day 3


 Day 4


Day 5


Day 6


Day 7


It is definitely worth checking out my video from the second day as I speak about my first impressions on the product and how it was working for me. However I would note that I began to appreciate the make-up more throughout the week, but I'm not sure I would have said this if I was heading into the office to work.

This is because I moved house this week, all the way to Oxfordshire from Manchester. Using the Sheer Cover products was convenient enough as I could get ready within a matter of minutes - after all, I wasn't using eyeliner and worrying whether I was creating an equal look on my eyelids.

You can clearly see me in some pretty interesting situations this week, notably on the fifth day as we were about to load up all of our worldly possessions into the back of a van, and the sixth day, where I am actually sat in the front of one.

Despite the ease of application, the staying power of the Sheer Cover products just isn't good enough for my skin type (dry/combination). As you can probably tell by what I've done this week, I feel as though I have given these products a rigorous test; it is possible that they would stay on longer if I was simply sat down. However I wouldn't want to be worrying about looking streaky and strange whilst at work, so I will probably revert back to my old make-up routine tomorrow.

If you do want to try out the products for yourself, here are most of the pieces you get in the kit, which can be found online on their brand store...


Do you use mineral make-up? If so, what do you think of it? I'd love if you left me a comment below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy this post? Let me know! I love to hear from you so please leave me a comment.