Monday 24 March 2014

#OxMeet: A Successful Local Blogger Event

I just wanted to give Adrienne of Late Night Nonsense a huge thank you and round of applause for organising #OxMeet which took place in Oxford on Sunday. I can't imagine how stressful it would've been to get all the details arranged, as well as the absolutely amazing goody bags (which were more like sacks!). I'll be writing some more posts shortly as there are so many great items I have to review now.

I'll be letting you know about the brands that were involved too, just so you can get your hands on the best bits too :) For now, check out a summary and a couple of pictures from the day.

The OxMeet event

I started the day in Starbucks with the lovely Steph from Lay It Bare before we headed to Wagamama's to meet up with the rest of the group. There were 17 of us there (I think!) and we all struggled with chopsticks and trying to remember everyone's names. That's why we all did a quick recap when we left the restaurant, just so things weren't so awkward!

We then walked to Crabtree & Evelyn where we got to look around, have a hand treatment, and a sneaky little manicure. I chose a pretty blue polish for a fresh spring look:

My manicure with Crabtree & Evelyn polish

We went in groups of five to collect our goody bags - luckily I was in the first group so I managed to get a shot of them all lined up in Adrienne's office. A very inventive way to store them I have to say.

Goody bags in Adrienne's office

Back in Crabtree & Evelyn I took a few more pictures and tested some samples. And ate one of the cookies on offer, naturally.

A gorgeous hamper in Crabtree & Evelyn

As people got back from picking up their goody bags, they were put underneath a table in the shop - just so they didn't get in the way. You can have a quick peek into what is inside below...

A sneak peek into the goody bags

That's all for now, but I'll leave you with Samantha's (samanthachermakeup.wordpress.com) photograph of all the girls in the high street. People were quite intrigued why there were so many of us posing for pictures, but it's always fun to make people do a double take.

All the girls with goody bags - Photo credit: 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for coming Hannah! You were all so lovely and made all that organising more than worth it! Next time I reckon I'll share the burden with a fellow blogger though. Phew! Haha. xo

    Adrienne @ Late Night Nonsense | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you! If I can help at all for the next one, let me know! x

      Delete
  2. I loved all the states we got when getting our bags out of the office - the people at the bus stop had no idea what was going on! Missing #oxmeet :(

    Katy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha yes! Oxford clearly wasn't prepared for us girls :) we will have to do it again! X

      Delete

Did you enjoy this post? Let me know! I love to hear from you so please leave me a comment.