Friday 28 February 2014

Spotlight on Hair: Sophistication Done in 30 Seconds

It is Friday at long last, hurrah! My weekend started with the arrival of some packages*; I do love the excitement of ripping them open to see what's inside. Package number one contained a Sheer Cover Studio make up set - you will be hearing more about this later as I take on the #makeitmineral challenge next week. Box number two was beautifully wrapped and contained a couple of gorgeous hair barrettes (clips) from Stone Bridge - a retailer who prides themselves on providing luxury hair accessories that look great for everyday wear.
I'm starting a new job in a couple of weeks time so I will be writing a blog post specifically on office-wear (I've been working as a freelancer for the past few months). In that post I'll certainly be showing you a few styles you can use these barrettes for, but in the meantime I couldn't resist showing you one of them in use!


This sophisticated look took me less than 30 seconds, which means it is absolutely perfect for when I need to get ready in a hurry. All I did was pull two sections of hair to the side and backwards, before loosening my hold slightly. I then secured the clip and it has been holding perfectly since I put it in (no sliding - yay!). I can definitely see me wearing this to work / out for dinner / to the shops / pretty much any other location. In truth, it took me much longer to try and take photographs of the back of my head...

Anyway, have a great weekend, whatever you are doing. I'll be packing lots of boxes, so spare my aching muscles a thought :D xxx

*These packages were sent to me by the respective companies (or their PR teams) specified in this blog post. Huge thanks to Libby at Stone Bridge for being totally amazing and really caring about my hair!

2 comments:

  1. The hair barrettes look so nice! I can't wait to read more about them x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so easy to do! I'll definitely have to find some barrettes now. xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete

Did you enjoy this post? Let me know! I love to hear from you so please leave me a comment.