Sunday 22 June 2014

The Swan At Streatley: Celebrating Our 6 Year Anniversary

This weekend marks a couple of exciting things in my life: this time next year I will be getting married, and it is also my six year anniversary with Mr. B. We've had a lovely weekend in the sunshine with a walk, some drinks at the pub, and a mini picnic in the park. Today we topped it off with a special meal at our wedding venue to be, down at Streatley in West Berkshire.

When we got to Streatley we took a couple of pictures on the bridge between the village and neighbouring Goring as we were a few minutes early. You can see the boat in the background where our ceremony will be taking place at our wedding...



Photographs out of the way we headed indoors to our table, which was thankfully right next to the window with a nice breeze coming off the Thames. We ordered a couple of glasses of prosecco (£5 .25 each) - after all, it was a special occasion! 


We liked the sound of a lot of the meals on the Sunday menu, but settled on the roast dinner option as they had some great ingredients listed, such as chorizo stuffing. I had the pork loin with apple sauce, and Mr. B had chicken with bread sauce. Both meals were priced at £13. 95 each.



The vegetables were served in side dishes, which I prefer as it's easy to pick and choose what you actually want to eat. The vegetables available included carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, courgette, snap peas and asparagus spears. Some were a little 'al dente' for me, but that is because I tend to eat mine super soft at home.

Mr. B really enjoyed the chicken, chipolata sausage, mash potato and bread sauce - something he hadn't tried before despite me raving about it for the last six years. My favourite aspects of the meal were the pork crackling and the chorizo stuffing, just because the flavours were so spot on.

Of course we couldn't leave it there, we knew we would have to get a couple of puddings too. I was feeling pretty full so I chose the summer berry basket dessert, which was finished with cinnamon sugar, clotted cream and a caramel snap; it was absolutely gorgeous.


Mr. B picked a white and dark chocolate cheesecake, panna cotta and poached rhubarb. He can't claim to be a rhubarb convert just yet, but he polished off the rest of the pud easily enough.


The total price of our meal and drinks came to £51. 05 which isn't too ridiculous for a special occasion. The cost was also warranted, as the food was delicious! I'm very pleased that we will be having a menu created by the chef at the Swan at Streatley as I know that our guests are going to love what is served to them on the day. Now I'm looking forward to having our tasting session with the chef a little closer to the day...

So Happy Anniversary Mr. B, and I can't wait for our wedding next June - bring it on! xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary looks like a great day out. The food looks yummy. Prosecco always helps with any celebration Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, it certainly does! Might splurge out on champagne instead for our wedding day though :) x

      Delete

Did you enjoy this post? Let me know! I love to hear from you so please leave me a comment.