Tuesday 15 April 2014

One Month Until Toronto!

I wanted to write a post as it is exactly a month until I go away on holiday - hurrah! This year my fiancé and I are heading to Toronto, Canada rather than going on our annual beach holiday. If you've been, you'll know what a fabulous city Toronto is, but for me it is even more special as it was my home for over seven years before I went to university!

So a trip there means I get to visit all of my old haunts (and discover new ones), but this time with my fiancé at my side. Not only that, but two of my bridesmaids live in Toronto and it will be so lovely to see them! Unsurprisingly, we have a pretty packed schedule planned already, so I figured it was a good opportunity to share a couple of bits with you...

Niagara Falls

Image courtesy of Niagara Falls Live
We are staying overnight in Niagara Falls which will be absolutely amazing. Our hotel room there will have a view of the horseshoe falls (the better, Canadian falls as shown above) and our trip also coincides with Victoria Day which only means one thing: FIREWORKS! I've stayed in Niagara Falls for New Year before and it was pretty stunning, so I have high expectations for the show on the bank holiday. We'll also go on the Maid of the Mist and behind the falls for a few extra thrills.

CN Tower

Image courtesy of CBC
Back in Toronto we will be getting in the lift (elevator) up quite a few floors to the observation deck of the CN Tower. I've done the tower stair climb twice, but getting the lift up still excites me just as much. It takes around a minute to do the ascent, and the view is breathtaking on the journey up and when you get to the top. At 553. 33 metres high, the CN Tower isn't an attraction for the faint-hearted!

Toronto Zoo

Image courtesy of Toronto Zoo
It might not be high up on the "must see" attractions list for other visitors, but I love Toronto Zoo. My favourite exhibit has to be the polar bears, but there is also a Canadian Domain which has moose and bears. Surely this is the perfect way to introduce my fiancé to all of the native species?

Toronto Islands

Image courtesy of toronto.ca
We will also be getting the ferry to the Toronto Islands (probably to Centre Island as the schedule is the most regular). When we get to the islands (it takes barely any time at all) we will be able to go for a walk, get ice creams, hire some bikes, and head to the amusement park - Centreville! This place is definitely designed for kids but I still love it anyway.. maybe sometime I will show you a photo of me there when I was 10 years old!

There are plenty of other things we will be doing during our trip, but you will have to wait until we get back to read my travel posts in full :-) In the meantime, let me know if there is anything else you think I should do on my holiday, or if there is something I should buy whilst I'm there (think chocolate, make up, etc).

4 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing. I bet it's so exciting to think that you get to take your fiance somewhere that means so much to you and show him everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely does! Will be sure to put some pics on my blog when I get back :) thanks for leaving a comment x

      Delete
  2. Your trip sounds like so much fun! I'm excited for you! :D

    The Oxford Owl

    ReplyDelete

Did you enjoy this post? Let me know! I love to hear from you so please leave me a comment.