Friday 29 November 2013

Porcelain Foundation Swatches: Bobbi Brown Vs Gosh

For quite a long time, I had difficulties finding a good shade of long wearing foundation - everything was too orange, even in a porcelain shade. So I set about finding a couple of really good examples of pale foundations, at differing price points.

I found the cheaper of the two products at Superdrug, and the more expensive one can be found online on the website of the brand, as well as Selfridges, House of Fraser, and some Debenhams stores. So what are they?

Bobbi Brown vs Gosh



Try and figure out which one is which on my hand below... it is hard to tell! The one on the left is the higher end product, and the high street equivalent can be seen on the right.

(L-R - Bobbi Brown, Gosh)

You can see this a bit better when putting one product over the other. The Bobbi Brown foundation is slightly lighter in colour and texture than the Gosh foundation.

Bobbi Brown foundation is slightly lighter


Which is better?

Ultimately I prefer the Bobbi Brown foundation as it is a closer match to my skin tone, but the Gosh alternative gives a better coverage. Over the past couple of days I have tested mixing them together on my hand before applying and it has actually resulted in a more even coverage throughout the day; I find that the Bobbi Brown product can start to slide off after around six hours.

If you are looking for a pale shade of foundation without spending £30 a pop, I'd certainly recommend that you give Gosh a try before investing in a more expensive product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy this post? Let me know! I love to hear from you so please leave me a comment.